The Dermapen is an FDA-approved electronic device that uses multiple fine needles to vertically pierce the skin. This causes collagen remodeling and enhances skin rejuvenation. Unlike needle rollers, Dermapen uses a precisely-controlled stamping method to reach a set depth in the skin while minimizing excess damage to the epidermis. The Idaho Skin Institute Med Spa is proud to be the first and only medical spa in the Pocatello area to offer this treatment.
- Skin tightening, lifting, rejuvenating
- Acne scar remodeling
- Fine wrinkle smoothing
- Stretch mark flattening and smoothing
- Scar remodeling
- Anti-aging serum is applied during the treatment
- Aftercare regimen is prescribed
- Sun avoidance and sun protection is a must after treatment
- Minimal discomfort with treatment
Package of Six
|Add on to facial for product absorption||100||500|
Frequently Asked Questions
- How many treatments are necessary to achieve a good response?
Improvement is seen with each treatment but a series of 3-5 treatments is best to achieve optimal results.
- How far apart are treatments done?
Dermapen treatments can be repeated every 4 weeks.
- Is Dermapen safe for darker skin types?
Since no melanin-absorbing laser and no heat are involved, the Dermapen is relatively safer than lasers, such as IPL, for darker skin types.
- Is Dermapen painful?
Dermapen uses very fine needles and is relatively comfortable. A topical numbing cream is all that is needed.
- How long is each treatment?
For a face, each treatment is 15-30 minutes.
- How is Dermapen different than a needle roller?
Needle rollers also use needles for skin resurfacing but are often too large and unwieldy for tight areas. They are also dependednt on hand pressure, so the depth of penetration varies depending on the the amount of pressure exerted and the softness of the skin, while the Dermapen depth of penetration is set precisely with an electornic dial. There is also lateral trauma to the skin when the needles on a roller pull out of the skin as the wheel turns. This does not happen with the Dermapen, which relies only on vertical needle action.
- What are the immediate after-effects?
There is redness and very minimal bleeding. You will look slightly sunburned for 24 hours following the treatment.